Lunar calendar for the gardener and gardener for March 2020, the best and worst days for sowing
All natural mechanisms are closely interconnected with each other, and even an insignificant, at first glance, detail can have a serious impact on the final result. An example of this interaction is the relationship between the quantity and quality of the crop and the moon phase in which the plants were planted. Let's take a look at the lunar calendar for the gardener for March 2020, since a large number of crops are planted this month.
- 1 Effect of moon phases on plants
- 2 Lunar planting calendar in March 2020 for the gardener and gardener
- 3 What to plant in March
- 4 Garden work and activities for the care of vegetables and plants
- 5 Folk omens for a summer resident in March
Effect of moon phases on plants
Before we deal with the lunar calendar for any particular month, let's find out what phases of the moon are, and how they affect the growth of plants.
There are 4 phases in total:
- growing - starts on the 7th and ends on the 20th;
- decreasing - from 1 to 5 and from 22 to 31 March;
- new moon - falls on March 6;
- full moon - March 21.
Each phase has its own characteristics, which should be considered separately.
The waxing moon phase is divided into two parts:
- first quarter;
- second quarter.
In the first quarter, planting of fast-growing crops is recommended, in which the aboveground part is considered edible. Grass grown under the lawn or for hay grows well.
In the second quarter, it is recommended to plant legumes, melon, pepper, raspberries, blackberries and cucumbers. In both phases, the force of attraction decreases, which allows the plants to receive more moisture from the soil. In the first and second quarters, intensified watering of plantations with plantings is recommended.
Note! The closer the full moon, the less the stem of the plant stretches upward. This should be considered when planting flowers grown in pots, baskets and planters.
During the waning moon, the earth's gravity begins to increase, which affects the increase in soil moisture. Leaf formation begins to slow down and the emphasis shifts to root development. During this period, experienced gardeners are advised to plant seeds of plants that take a long time to germinate. Trees planted in this phase will form a powerful root system.
The new moon is accompanied by a decrease in plant activity. The juices begin to move more slowly, the formation stops. On a new moon, it is best to harvest root crops and prune. It is not recommended to replant or sow new areas. Seeds harvested in the new moon phase give the best shoots and take root well.
In the full moon, the upper part of the plant, located above the soil surface, is most actively formed. The roots are poorly formed, and there is practically no flow of nutrients to them. It is not recommended to plant crops that multiply on the site by dividing the roots. Potatoes are considered an exception. The process is going well:
- top dressing;
- preparation of medicinal herbs.
Lunar planting calendar in March 2020 for the gardener and gardener
The lunar sowing calendar in March has:
- favorable days for planting plants;
- days on which plants are prohibited to plant.
These dates should be taken seriously, since a crop planted on an unfavorable day will be scarce, despite the time and effort spent on it. To avoid this kind of trouble, use the dates below and you will notice a noticeable difference in the result.
Auspicious days for planting
Auspicious days for planting crops in March are:
- 8-12, 15-17 - for tomatoes and herbs;
- 10-12, 15-17 - for cabbage, peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, eggplant, pumpkin, zucchini, squash and onions;
- 1, 2, 22-30 - the numbers recommended when planting garlic and horseradish;
- strawberries, strawberries and legumes should preferably be planted between 8 and 16;
- radishes, beets, radishes, carrots, daikon and celery root show the best growth rates when planted 1, 2, 22-25 and 27-30;
- potatoes and Jerusalem artichoke are planted 1, 2, 22, 25-29.
Forbidden and unfavorable days
Prohibited or unfavorable for agricultural work include:
- 21 numbers.
These days, planting any crops will not give the desired result in the form of a bountiful harvest.
What to plant in March
For beginner gardeners who do not know what to plant in March, below is a planting table.
|White cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli||Alyssuma|
Note! This list is general and contains the most common varieties grown in a wide range of regions. When planting each crop, in addition to the lunar calendar, it is worth focusing on the weather conditions typical for your area.
Vegetables respond well to the phases of the moon, but stand out in particular:
- White cabbage;
We plant tomato and pumpkin seeds for seedlings
For a pumpkin, days are considered auspicious when the moon is in the sign:
- Scorpio is considered a good sign for all crops whose fruits are formed on the ground.
- Cancer - Pumpkin grows big and sweet.
The best period for planting pumpkins in March is considered to be from 7 to 20. Early and mid-season tomato varieties give a bountiful harvest if planted between 10 and 20. It is advisable to plant tall varieties before 10.
White cabbage, in terms of planting dates, is similar to other vegetable crops. It is undesirable to plant cabbage seeds in:
- full moon;
- new moon.
On other days, the seeds sprout well. The most favorable are: 10-12, 15-17, 27-30.
Sowing pepper seeds
Numbers for sowing pepper seeds:
- favorable - 3.4.10-14.17.26;
- unfavorable - 3.5.31.
In the case when unfavorable days fall on the waning moon, which is in the signs of Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio, Capricorn, Libra or Cancer, an exception can be made for work related to the transplantation of pepper seedlings.
For eggplant, the 21st, 5th, 6th and 7th are considered unfavorable. Landing is carried out in the intervals from 10-12, 15-16 and 23-24 March. It is allowed to dive 1, 15, 20-22, 28-29. The rest of the days are considered neutral and do not affect the quality of the crop.
Garden flowers are no less sensitive to the lunar calendar than agricultural crops. For planting them, choose the numbers, depending on the types of plants:
- tuberous planted 1,2,22-29;
- annual crops prefer 10-16, 19, 24 numbers;
- perennials grow better when planted from 10 to 16 or 28-29.
Garden work and activities for the care of vegetables and plants
The lunar calendar of works aimed at caring for planted crops identifies the following periods:
- for feeding and irrigation - 2, 5, 16, 20, 24, 29;
- elimination of parasites and fight against infections - 1, 6, 12, 13, 28;
- vaccination - 7-12, 16, 20;
- pruning and shaping - 3, 5, 25-31;
- transfers - 23-29.
Folk omens for a summer resident in March
Among the folk signs known to the people for a given month, the following are distinguished:
- a small amount of rain promises a bountiful harvest of bread;
- a large number of foggy days portends a rainy summer;
- if the icicles on the roofs in March are long, and there are a lot of them, it means that spring will drag on, and summer weather will come later than usual;
the frequent thunderstorms in March indicate a dry summer.