TOP 10 recipes for winter compote from apples and chokeberry
Many housewives cook various compotes for the winter. The combination of different fruits allows you to get extraordinarily tasty drinks. A wonderful compote can be made from apples and chokeberry (chokeberry). This is a storehouse of nutrients. It is not difficult to prepare it, and the result is always excellent, no matter what recipe this drink is prepared according to.
- 1 General cooking principles
- 2 Product selection features
- 3 How to properly prepare containers
- 4 How to cook apple and black mountain ash compote for the winter
- 5 Rules for storing blackberry and apple compote
General cooking principles
Apple and chokeberry compote is prepared in the same way as similar drinks. Only the main ingredients can be used, but additional ingredients can be added to obtain the original flavor.
This drink contains many useful elements, it is recommended to drink it for various diseases to maintain the immune system.
Product selection features
To prepare compote, you can take both fresh and frozen fruits. It is permissible to use even dried apples. It is better to take varieties that have a denser pulp, rather than loose ones.
The main thing is that the fruits are of high quality, without damage, especially berries. The selected fruits are washed well.
If the dirt is not removed, then the fruit can be soaked for a while.
How to properly prepare containers
The choice of the size of cans depends on the preferences of the hostess. Containers and lids are well washed with a cleaning agent, then sterilized in the most convenient way. After the procedure, the banks are set aside so that debris does not fall on them.
How to cook apple and black rowan compote for the winter
There are various ways to make compote from similar products. Due to a slight change in the ingredients, the product acquires a different taste and richness.
It is necessary to prepare:
- apples - 5 pcs.;
- blackberry - 170 g;
- sugar - 125 g
- Wash the fruits, cut into slices, remove the seeds.
- Put the fruits and black chops into the prepared container.
- Pour boiling water to the edges of the jar, leave it alone for 10 minutes.
- Pour water into a container, let it boil and mix with sugar.
- Pour the prepared liquid into the ingredients.
- Seal containers with lids.
The cans with the cooked product are placed "upside down", covered with warm clothes and left untouched until they cool completely.
With cherry leaves
Compote with the addition of cherry tree leaves gets an interesting taste and smell. Cooking is pretty simple.
- large apples - 2 pcs.;
- chokeberry - a small glass;
- sugar - 0.3 kg;
- cherry leaves - 6 pcs.
- Wash and dry the leaves and chokeberry.
- Wash the apples, divide into pieces, remove the core.
- Place food in a container, on top - leaves of a cherry tree.
- Pour boiling water over completely, cover and cool.
- Pour water into a saucepan, mix with sugar to make syrup.
- Pour the products with boiling liquid.
With citric acid
You will need:
- apples - half a kilogram;
- chokeberry - half a kilogram;
- clean water - 3 liters;
- citric acid - half a teaspoon.
- Wash the berries, leave for 12 hours, covered with hot water.
- At the end of this time, pour the liquid into a saucepan, add sugar.
- Cook the syrup for 20 minutes.
- Pour lemon into the solution, boil and pour the fruits placed in jars with it.
Inverted jars are left to cool.
Cooking such a product is also quite simple.
- mountain ash - 0.7 kg;
- small apples - 0.25 kg;
- sugar - 0.6 kg;
- boiled water - 2 l.
- Wash the apples well, remove the core, leave intact. Put them in a container, add boiling water, leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse chokeberry, place in a saucepan.
- Drain the water from the container with apples, pour the blackberry with this solution.
- Cook until the berries begin to burst slightly. Filter the liquid and bring it back to 100 degrees.
- Pour the fruit with the prepared solution, roll up the lids.
To cook compote with lemon, you need the following products:
- apples - 12 pcs.;
- lemon - 0.5 pcs.;
- sugar - 300 g;
- chokeberry - 1.5 stack.;
- boiled water - 1.5 liters.
How to cook:
- Prepare the fruits in the same way as in past recipes.
- Pour 2 liters of water into a container, boil.
- Boil apples in boiling water for a few minutes, then transfer to a jar.
- Repeat the same with the black chokeberry.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, sugar and boil to the filtered broth.
- Pour the ingredients with hot syrup.
- apples - 0.5 kg;
- pears - 0.5 kg;
- mountain ash - 0.3 kg;
- sugar - 0.3 kg.
- Prepare the fruits as usual.
- Pour boiling water over the aronia.
- Place all ingredients in prepared jars, add boiling water.
- Do not touch for 40 minutes.
- Prepare a sweet solution from the liquid taken from the jars.
- Pour in the syrup and cover.
You will need:
- pears - 0.3 kg;
- mountain ash - 0.8 kg;
- apples - 0.4 kg;
- sugar - 0.45 kg;
- incomplete teaspoon of citric acid;
- a bag of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare the fruit, divide into two halves.
- Remove debris and twigs from the rowan.
- Boil 2 liters of water in a saucepan, add boiling water to the jars with decomposed fruits, leave under the lid.
- After 15 minutes, repeat the process, cool the jars.
- After draining the solution, add the remaining components.
- Pour the syrup over the berries, tighten the lids.
This compote has a varied composition. In addition to apples and chokeberry, pears and plums are also used.
- apples, pears, plums - 0.2 kg each;
- rowan berries - 0.4 kg;
- sugar - 0.25 kg;
- water - 0.9 l.
How to cook:
- Rinse the berries, rinse with boiling water and drain thoroughly.
- Wash the fruit well, remove bones and divide into small pieces.
- Blanch all fruits for 8-10 minutes, until softness appears.
- Decompose, alternating with berries to form layers.
- Boil water, add sugar and make syrup.
- Pour the prepared liquid over the fruit.
- Sterilize for 15 minutes.
With rose hips
It is quite simple to cook compote with rose hips. Required:
- rosehip and chokeberry - 150 g each;
- apples - 300 g;
- sweet syrup - 400 ml.
- Prepare the syrup from sugar and water, taking food to taste.
- Rinse the berries. Peel the rosehip of seeds and hairs, pour over with boiling water.
- Remove seeds from apples, cut into large pieces.
- Pour the syrup over the fruits in a container.
- Place the containers for sterilization for 10-20 minutes.
This drink contains not only mint, but also tangerines.
What to take:
- chokeberry - 250 g;
- tangerines - 3 pcs.;
- water - 2 liters;
- mint - 10 leaves;
- apples to taste;
- sugar - 150 g
- Wash all products, remove the peel and white streaks from the tangerines.
- In a saucepan, combine fruits, water and sugar.
- Cook over the fire until cooked, add mint and a little citric acid.
- Pour into clean jars, close with lids.
Rules for storing blackberry and apple compote
The drink should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 18 degrees. It is inadmissible to freeze the product. Overheating is also dangerous, the compote is capable of fermenting, becoming moldy.