Varieties of shears for shearing sheep and how to choose a device, how much they cost
Using sheep shears can help you get great results. This device should be in the farmer's arsenal if he breeds animals for wool. For the first time, such products appeared more than 4000 years ago. However, they have undergone many changes since then. Modern devices help to quickly and efficiently cut wool without injuring animals.
Types of scissors for a haircut
Manual scissors were invented a long time ago. However, this tool remains popular today. The device is suitable for farmers who keep a minimum of animals. Livestock breeders with large herds should choose electric models.
This instrument has been known since ancient times. The ancient devices were distinguished by the simplest design. Since then, they have undergone significant changes. Modern fixtures are single and double. The first option is considered the most affordable. This is a suitable solution for farmers with a maximum of 20 animals.
Moreover, such products are not suitable for all livestock breeders. They are considered very tough, and therefore a lot of effort will have to be made to cut a haircut. In addition, a number of skills are required to work. Any careless movement can damage the animal. Therefore, such devices are suitable only for experienced farmers.
Beginners should give preference to double scissors, which are similar in appearance to ordinary scissors. They include 2 blades that are bolted in the base area. The product features a heart-shaped handle. This reduces stress on the fingers and makes clipping easier.
The double scissors feature specially curved blades that cut the coat more evenly and prevent injury to animals.
For owners of large livestock, electric shears are suitable. They resemble ordinary hair clippers. However, the device for sheep has a special design of knives, which allows you to get rid of even rolled wool.
The main disadvantage of electric machines is the high cost. In addition, if the device breaks down, its owner will have to spend a lot of money on repairs. Moreover, such devices have many advantages:
- High power. Thanks to this, more than 100 sheep can be sheared with an electric clipper per day.
- Low weight. This helps to avoid overwork.
- Easy to care for. The knives can be easily removed from the body for cutting and sharpening. If the device is equipped with a fuse, do not be afraid that it will break.
In addition, the kit, as a rule, contains additional parts and knives. Therefore, if necessary, repair work can be carried out with your own hands.
What to look for when buying
When choosing sheep shears, it is recommended to consider the following factors:
- The power must be at least 500 watts. This will allow you to shear several sheep without interruption. A less powerful device will fail due to overheating. Also, the shearer will have to take constant breaks to cool the appliance.
- Pay attention to the length of the warranty period. Since the blades are constantly dull, it is important to understand how long the device will actually last.
- It is better to give preference to products of well-known brands. This not only testifies to the high quality, but also makes it possible to purchase spare parts for the tool.
- It is worth considering the weight of the product. A heavy device cannot be used for a long time. Therefore, it is worth giving preference to the lightest model.
How much are?
The prices of cutting scissors vary. Budget models can be bought for 5,000 rubles. These machines have a power of 300-350 watts and weigh 1-1.5 kilograms. The cost of more reliable products is 2000-4000 rubles higher. For example, a machine with a power of 520 watts, which weighs 1.4 kilograms and makes it possible to regulate pressure, will cost 7000-8000 rubles.
Manual scissors will cost 700-2000 rubles. Higher quality products cost 3000 rubles. The most convenient way is to order a product via the Internet and pay for it with cash on delivery.
Instructions for use and care
It is recommended to sharpen the hand scissors before use. In the case of using the machine, it is worth putting new knives on it. It is better to prepare 2 sets of fixtures. This will help you continue cutting if one of the garments breaks.
After that, it is recommended to prepare the room for work. It is important to keep it light and clean. Wipe the knives with alcohol. This will help disinfect the product. The procedure is recommended before starting work and before shearing each new sheep. In the process of work, it is important to adhere to safety rules. After each haircut, it is worth sharpening the scissors. This will take no more than 1 minute.
It is recommended to clean the clipper after finishing the haircut. In this case, it is worth removing the remnants of hair and fluff from the knives. This can be done with a brush. It is recommended to wipe the rest of the mechanism with a soft cloth.
To prolong the life of the machine, do not use aggressive products or solvents. The units of the device should be treated with machine oil. It is recommended to do this after every haircut.
If during operation it becomes necessary to apply a lot of force or the machine leaves uneven passes, it is necessary to replace or sharpen the cutting surfaces. Observance of the following recommendations for storage and use of the product is of no small importance:
- the device cannot be kept in high humidity conditions;
- do not use the device for shearing other animals;
- Knives are recommended to be kept in special covers.
Today there are many models of scissors and clippers that can be used to shear sheep. To choose the appropriate option, it is recommended to study the characteristics of each of them.